|National Mission for Enhanced Energy Efficiency (NMEEE)|
The National Mission for Enhanced Energy Efficiency (NMEEE) is one of the eight missions under the National Action Plan on Climate Change (NAPCC). NMEEE aims to strengthen the market for energy efficiency by creating conducive regulatory and policy regime and has envisaged fostering innovative and sustainable business models to the energy efficiency sector.
The NMEEE spelt out four initiatives to enhance energy efficiency in energy intensive industries which are as follows:
- Perform Achieve and Trade Scheme (PAT), a regulatory instrument to reduce specific energy consumption in energy intensive industries, with an associated market based mechanism to enhance the cost effectiveness through certification of excess energy saving which can be traded.
- Market Transformation for Energy Efficiency (MTEE), for accelerating the shift to energy efficient appliances in designated sectors through innovative measures to make the products more affordable.
- Energy Efficiency Financing Platform (EEFP), for creation of mechanisms that would help finance demand side management programmes in all sectors by capturing future energy savings.
- Framework for Energy Efficient Economic Development (FEEED), for development of fiscal instruments to promote energy efficiency.
The Mission seeks to upscale the efforts to unlock the market for energy efficiency which is estimated to be around Rs. 74,000 crore and help achieve total avoided capacity addition of 19,598 MW, fuel savings of around 23 million tonnes per year and green house gas emissions reductions of 98.55 million tonnes per year at its full implementation stage.
Energy Efficiency Financing - roadmap drawn by BEE with the launch of Training
Programme for scheduled commercial banks
|Success stories of EE projects financed in india||Training Manual for EE financing in india|
|Training Workshops for Scheduled Commercial Banks|
|Press Clippings for Nainital Workshop|
- Press clipping for Nainital workshop
|National Conference on Demand Side-MAnagement|
24th jan, 2012 New Delhi, India
- Conference Recomendation
- About NMEE
- Request for Proposal for Conducting Baseline Energy Audit of the Designate Consumer under the Perform Achieve and Trade(PAT) Scheme
- Baseline EA Prebid Conference
- PAT RFP
- PAT- List of Sector -wise Firms
- PAT Consultation Document 2010-11
Minutes of the proceedings of 6 National Level Stakeholders interactive session on Perform, Achive and Trade under NAtional Mission for Enhanced Energy Efficiency(NMEEE)
|Date of Interactive Session||Place||Proceedings|